sábado, 24 de julho de 2010

Accomodation in Dublin


I arrived in Dublin, Ireland on January 2, 2010. What a great day! I can't express the way I felt when I saw the roofs of the houses and buildings of Dublin all white, covered by the snow of the hardest winter in 3o years.
I stood outside Dublin Airport for like 10 minutes waiting for the bus that would take me to my hotel. It was freezing! Brrrr!
BTW, this bus is a free service the hotel offers to its guests. It makes a difference - a good one! I'll give you more info on that.
Anyway, the bus arrived and the driver was a funny Irish tour guide. He introduced himself as Tom and, as I was the only passenger, we engaged in a lively and very informative conversation about Ireland, trips, dreams. He had just come back from a trip to Greece. He said it was amazing and recommended it.
He told me he is originally from Donegal, Republic of Ireland - Enya's neighbour (Hehehehe). He told me some very interesting ancient stories about Ireland. I was fascinated!
When I arrived at the hotel, we said good-bye. I got to meet him at his workplace once or twice some days later, and he joked about 'the Brazilian girl who loves Ireland'.
If you're planning on visiting Dublin, here's a tip on accomodation for you. I stayed at Celtic Lodge - a lovely B&B in the heart of Dublin. I recommend it. The address is 81-82 Talbot Street - Dublin 1. The URL is http://www.celticlodge.ie/
Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.
=)
PS: BTW, if you ever stay at this B&B, send Noel (the owner) my regards.

Nenhum comentário: